New York, New York是紐約客心中最棒市歌
它不僅是每年時代廣場跨年晚會必放歌曲之一
亦是紐約洋基隊比賽賽歌
為什麼New York, New York歌曲這麼具代表?
New York名稱與英國有關?約克夏狗英文亦與York有關?
9/4(三)下午4:05~5:00 tea time時光《唱歌學英文》單元,高雄市鎮港園社區大學英文老師Mark,將透由《New York, New York》,學英文、單字片語與語言緣起。
節目內容如下:👇👇
Yorkshire約克郡 shire 夏爾;郡
Yorkshire Terrier 約克夏梗
⚫ Start spreading the news, 開始放出風聲,
I’m leaving today我今天就要離開
I want to be a part of it我要成為它的一部份
New York, New York就是紐約,紐約啊!
‧a part of…一部份
Hand is a part of body. 手是身體的一部分
‧Start 開始
1.出發,起程
We'll start at six on Friday morning. 我們星期五早上六點出發。
2.開始,著手
Summer vacation normally starts in early July. 暑假一般在七月初開始。
主詞+start + to V/ Ving
接不定詞 (to V.) 或動名詞 (Ving) 只是長相不一樣,但意思上沒有區別。
I start to get hungry. = I start getting hungry我開始覺得餓了。
‧leave離開、動身、遺留
1.離開(某處)
Mr. Smith left the room at two o'clock. 史密斯先生兩點離開房間。
2.留給 leave sb. sth
He leaves me a few books. 他留給我幾本書。
My grandfather leaves me one million dollars.
⚫ These vagabond shoes, 這雙瀟灑的鞋子,
are longing to stray 渴望去流浪
Right through the very heart of it到那最核心之處
New York, New York就是紐約,紐約啊!
‧long to V…渴望去…
‧stray 迷失、閒逛、流浪
1. 閒逛;流浪
They strayed about in New York for three days. 他們在紐約閒逛了三天。
2.迷路,走失;走散
A policeman took the old man who had strayed home. 一位警察把迷失在外的老人送回了家。
3.離題;偏離;分心[(+from)]
Her mind had strayed back to her childhood. 她失了神,回想著自己的童年。
4.犯錯誤;入歧途,離正道
We are trying to help young people who have strayed.我們想幫助那些迷途的年輕人。
⚫ I want to wake up in a city that doesn’t sleeps我要在這個不夜城中醒來
And find I’m king of the hill然後發現我就是山丘之王
Top of the heap在那隆起的最高點
⚫ These little town blues are melting away這些小城市的藍調正在融化
I’ll make a brand new start of it我要讓它有嶄新的開始
In old New York在這老舊的紐約
‧brand new 嶄新的
brand new shirt 嶄新的衣服 ;brand new car 新車
⚫ If I can make it there, 如果我在這裡成功,
I’ll make it anywhere我到哪裡都會成功
It’s up to you, 這都要看你了,
New York..New York New York !紐約啊!紐約
‧up to you 由你決定
📌 it's up to sb to +V … 某事取決於某人;由某人決定做某事
It's up to you to decide how you look at art.要如何看待藝術取決於你自己。
Would you like to eat here, or wait until we get home? It is up to you.你想要在這邊吃還是等回家後再吃?由你決定。
⚫ I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps我要在這個不夜城中醒來
And find I’m A number one,然後發現我是最頂尖的,
top of the list有史以來最棒的
King of the hill, A number one…山丘之王,最頂尖的
‧ top of the list 首選、第一名 list清單
⚫ These little town blues, are melting away這些小城市的藍調正在融化
I’ll make a brand new start of it我要讓它有嶄新的開始
In old New York在這老舊的紐約
If I can make it there, 如果我在這裡成功,
I’ll make it anywhere我到哪裡都會成功
It’s up to you, 這都要看你了,
New York..New York New York !紐約啊!紐約